Evan Hathaway, DDS
Dr. Hathaway is proud to be a fifth-generation Idahoan. While his upbringing and education temporarily relocated him to other states and even England. Dr. Hathaway and his family returned to good ol' Idaho to settle down. He is a husband to his lovely wife, Melissa, father to his four children and loves being a grandfather to his, currently, 7 grandchildren. He has several passions in life besides dentistry. He is passionate about his family, church, art, and sports, particularly weightlifting, football, basketball, and golf.
Several factors influenced Dr. Hathaway's decision to pursue dentistry. The first and most significant resulted from a traumatic bike accident he had as a 10-year-old boy. While he suffered numerous injuries from that accident, the most enduring was the damage done to his teeth. This led to years of feeling self-conscious about his smile and about smiling in general. (These feelings are obvious in the way he would hide his teeth in pictures.) After seeing many specialists, as well as a great general dentist, his health and smile recovered. This experience taught him what some are sadly missing and others too often take for granted -- a confident, empowering smile. At this point in his life, he decided he was interested in a career where he could help others smile confidently. Hence the practice's slogan "Time to Smile".
Dr. Hathaway has always been interested in science and medicine but his interest in art and aesthetics also had a major influence on his career choice. He has always shown an interest and talent in art, particularly sketching, painting and sculpting. Throughout his schooling, he enrolled in art classes to fulfill many of his elective credits. In fact, the staff of the Medical College of Virginia, where he attended dental school, discovered his artistic talent and hired him as a medical illustrator. Many of his drawings were published in professional journals and medical textbooks. Art is still one of Dr. Hathaway's passions, however, it is more than just a mere pastime. His university-level art training and eye for aesthetics enable him to enhance, restore and create beautiful smiles.
Prior to opening the doors of his Eagle office, Dr. Hathaway practiced general dentistry at his Boise office on Emerald next to Towne Square Mall for 17 years. He, his wife and his staff have created this state-of-the-art facility that provides the best dentistry has to offer in a welcoming and comforting setting.
After dental school, he completed a General Practice Residency in Northern California and continues to take yearly continuing education classes to provide additional training and expertise in each of the dental specialties. This allows Dr. Hathaway to provide sedation and a wide variety of procedures to his patients more efficiently and more economically (fewer specialist offices, fewer visits, and lower costs).
Professional Credentials & Awards
- Fellow in the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation (DOCS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society
- Sigma Zeta Honorary Science Society
- Graduated 1st in class clinically at the Medical College of Virginia School of Dentistry
- General Practice Residency Certificate (1 years post doctoral giving advanced training)
- Dental Honors Clinic Scholarship Recipient (Given to one graduation dental student)
- A.D. Williams Scholarship Recipient (Dental School)
- Deans' List all four years of dental school
- Faculty appointed/hired medical illustrator for journal publications and textbooks
- Faculty appointed/hired dental hygiene college dental anatomy lab instructor
- O.W. Clough Restorative Dentistry Award (Given to one graduating dental student)
- P.D. Miller Periodontal & Restorative Award (Given to one graduating dental student)
- Academy of Operative Dentistry Award (Given to one graduating dental student)
- Academy of General Dentistry Award (Given to one graduating dental student)
- Teledyne Hanau Prosthodontics Award (Given to one graduating dental student)
- American Academy of Dental Radiology Award (Given to one graduating dental student)
- Zeno Award (Given to one junior student by the Prosthodontics Department)
- Graduated 4th in class (Natural Science Division)
- Warren B. Davis Scholarship Recipient
- Golden Key National Honor Society
- Dean's List all four years
- Who's Who Among American College Students
- University-trained Artist
"From personal experience, I know that the look of a beautiful, dazzling smile makes people look great, but it doesn't compare to how it empowers them with confidence and self-esteem. That, along with helping people conquer their fears, is what gives us our greatest satisfaction."
- Dr. Evan Hathaway